Bild 055Established in 2007, Innsbruck Elementary School (IES) is a public, co-educational school and welcomes children of all nationalities and ethnicities. 
IES is located in the heart of Innsbruck and situated in a building of traditional childcare. The building was founded by Johann von Sieberer, who himself an orphan, decided at older age to dedicate his wealth to humanitarian and social foundations. From 1885 on, his donations helped build up not only a home for the elderly, but also the ”Von Sieber’sche Waisenhaus,” an orphanage for about 200 children, which today pic.hp.ies.historyholds three schools including Innsbruck Elementary. The school forms a separate section of the local primary school, Volksschule Saggen-Siebererschule. During World War II, the building was host to a military hospital until it was renovated and transformed into a school during the 1950s. The local area around the school is quiet, providing plenty of connections for public transport.
On the initiative of the County of Tyrol and the City of Innsbruck, IES was able to take its first steps and started with a single classroom. Since then we have spread our wings and grown, now accommodating all four elementary grades.

This post is also available in: German